Saturday, January 3, 2009

December 5- Magic Kingdom- Day 3













We had planned 2 days in Magic Kingdom, so I thought it would be easier to concentrate on 2 areas and cover them thoroughly. So, we choose Fantasyland and Frontierland. But on our way around the castle to Fantasyland, we ran into the Fairy Godmother. She was so nice. Once in Fantasyland, Noah decided he was not interested in the "baby" rides so he and Chris went off to tackle the bigger rides.

We saw Ariel in her Grotto first and then moved onto Dumbo the Flying Elephant. We kept missing Mary Poppins, but were thrilled to see Pooh, Piglet and Tigger. Pooh was so sweet with Jonah. We did it all: It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Pooh's ride, Snow White's ride and the carousel. Jonah and Leah had a blast. It was so much fun seeing it all through their eyes. Grammy, Leah and Jonah rode the Tea cups. I did not want to push my Bonine so I passed. From there we went to Mickey's Toontown Fair. We stood in line for 45 minutes to see Princess Aurora, Cinderella, and Belle. Jonah was totally smitten, especially when they kissed him on the cheek, leaving lips. They were all so personable and took the time to visit with us. They were beautiful in their gowns. We got into another line and stood for another 30 minutes to go into Pixie Hollow. They sprinkled pixie dust on us so we would shrink. We saw Iradesa, Tinker Bell and Fawn. Tinker Bell was so excited she made my annual calendar and was honored to sign it. Fawn was extremely disappointed she was not in my calendar and pouted some. They were tons of fun.

From their we moved onto Frontierland. The Hall of Presidents was closed to add the newest president to the rest. I was a little disappointed. Noah would have loved it. I still remember how Abe Lincoln looked so real. Oh well, we will catch it the next time. Good excuse to go again. We headed to the Haunted Mansion. This was my favorite ride as a kid. Jonah was my partner for this and he begged to ride it again. This child is afraid of nothing. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was next on our list, but poor Jonah was 1/2 inch too short. Leah rode it with Aunt June and Jonah and I went to get ice cream. Leah also rode Splash Mountain with Aunt June and Jonah and I got us a spot for the parade. The parade started where we stood. It was a fabulous parade. There were a ton of characters. I am amazed at their costumes. Disney has some incredible seamstresses. After the parade, we continued on around. We road the Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise. Then we met up with the other half of our family that was arriving. My Aunt Libbie, Uncle Robert, Cousin Chad, Cousin Jeremy, his wife Karie and their boys Riley (age 11) and Brantley (age 7) from Oklahoma joined us. We rode the Magic Carpets and then the park was closing for A Very Merry Christmas Party. We found Noah and Chris who had been around the whole park about 5 times (Noah loved Space Mountain and rode it about 5 times). We ate dinner at my favorite, Chick-fil-A and called it an evening.

The exciting thing that happened this day was Aunt June riding Jungle Cruise with Kelly Ripa and her family. Of course the picture she took was blurry. I would have been excited too. Apparently, a bunch of stars were there that weekend for the taping of the yearly Christmas Parade shown on Christmas day. We heard Hannah Montana was there, but we didn't see her.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You and your bonnie are cracking me up!! MK was probably my fav because of all the *magic*. Made me feel like a little kid again going through MK with M.

Lisa Smith said...

Love, love your pix...what great memories!!