Thursday, January 1, 2009

Walt Disney World- Animal Kingdom- Day 1- December 3
















Thought I might as well start blogging our trip. I have all the pictures loaded, just need to make it to King Soopers to print them. We had a great time in Animal Kingdom. The weather was a tad cold that morning, but warmed up quickly.

We started our morning at 8:00 AM with a character breakfast with Donald, Mickey, Daisy and Goofy at the Tucker House. It was so much fun. The food was wonderful. I loved the Mickey waffles!

We rode all the big rides including the Kali River Rapids, Mt Everest and the Safari Ride. We loved them all. Noah's favorite was Mt. Everest. We saw tons of characters at Camp Minnie and Mickey. It was so much fun to see all the Christmas decorations and the characters in their holiday garb. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Turk, Coda, Pocahontas, Lilo, Stitch, Baloo, and King Louie.

My kids each had the Disney pins to trade and had so much fun trading. The adults enjoyed it too. It was when we were trading pins with a guy from Indonesia that our nightmare started. We had just gotten off of Kali River Rapids and were on our way to It's Tough to be a Bug. We stopped at a fork in the road to trade pins and continued left to the big tree. About half way to the tree I froze and said, where is Jonah? We all split up and started looking. Leah stayed with Aunt June, my mom headed for the lost child station and Chris, Noah and I headed back where we came from. I parked Noah at the fork in the road, talked to the guy from Indonesia and then headed back to the Kali River Rapids. I was SCARED!!! In my mind I had already planned Christmas without him and could picture him in a bathroom with his clothes being changed and his hair being cut. I have never been so grateful for his white spot in his hair. The security man we talked to was way too calm. I needed action. I was crying, praying, running and calling his name. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't hear him crying. Chris was as calm as a cucumber. It was only about 20 minutes, but it truly felt like an eternity. The security man informed us that they had found him and were bringing him to us. He was fine. Thank God!!! The disney folks brought him to us. He never did cry. They had given him a Donald pin and a finger toy. I am pretty sure it was I who needed the pin and toy. Apparently what happened was, when we went to the left at the fork, he went straight. I knew better than to not put a sticker with our information on him (being that he is 3 1/2) but thought it couldn't happen to us since we have 4 adults and 3 kids. It was a very humbling lesson. I am extremely thankful it was a happy ending.

Once that excitement was over, we were able to make it to the big tree. The bug show was by far my favorite. Disney does such a great job of bringing in all of your senses. Next we caught the parade. It was so much fun. Full of characters, music, great decorations etc. Jonah was up on Chris's shoulders and by the end of the parade had fallen asleep with his head on Chris's. When we pulled him off, he was drooling. We thought it was hysterical, Chris, not so much.

We missed the Nemo show and The Lion King show. Both of which I understand are awesome.

All in all, we had a great day and had lots of be thankful for. After we left Animal Kingdom, we headed for Chick-fil-A for dinner and to Walmart to get food and snacks. We found some great souvenirs at Target and Walmart too.

I will post more of our pictures and adventures in the days to come. Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! I lost my daughter at California Adventure for about a half hour and understand just how terrifying this can be! Glad everyone was able to recover and have a great time!

-Aahz of Disney Pin Trading News

Tiffany Hendrix said...

For the record, 20 minutes is an eternity! I can't imagine the horror of that event! I'm glad everyone recovered! Love the pics & you!

Jenn said...

I knew the story about J being lost and I was still freaked out reading it again. I am looking forward to reading your Disney update tonight (or should I say morning). Love ya!