Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break Part 3 (The End)





Jonah's Firetruck party was a hit not only for the kids, but the adults too. Our Firestation was so awesome. They let us do the whole party in the bay of the Firestation. The kids were able to climb on the outside of the truck and also sit in the drivers seat. I got some great pics. The firefighters did a great job showing us everything on the truck and also what it is used for. Then, one fireman put on all his gear (which they have 1 minute per item to get on) and show the kids his transformation from regular man to alien looking firefighter. The kids were able to go up to him with all his gear on and see that he was not scarey, but their friend. All that gear they wear weighs over 50 pounds and they have to wear it while driving the truck (I can't even drive my van when I have my coat on). Then, they had Chris put on the fireman gear. He looked great! I was wishing we could have had it for later that night when we were alone(just kidding). Now let me share with you what not to do for icing a cake. Anyone who has tried to make red icing knows how hard it is to obtain red color that is not pink looking. Therefore, to achieve the non-pink firetruck color we added 2 1/4 bottles of red Wilton coloring. The cakes looked great (except that they leaned to one side and looked like they had flats) however, adding too much icing makes the taste VERY BITTER. Needless to say my cakes (after pics) ended up in the trash. The kids enjoyed the ice cream cups and after we got home my uncle went to the grocery store and got us a cake. It was fabulous!!! My favorite part of Jonah's b-day week is the way his face lights up when you sing the Happy Birthday song to him. It is precious. My favorite story about Jonah right now is that when you ask him what his name is, he says, Jonah and the whale. Jonah being his first name and the whale being his middle name. We have watched the Veggie Tale Jonah and the whale DVD a few times.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I always wanted M to have a fireman party, but it never worked out. I will have to do it with one of the other boys.

I hope Jonah and the whale had a wonderful b-day. ;o)

Lisa Smith said...

What a cutie, Jonah and the whale! What a great party. Looks like you had an awesome spring break. I just added a spring break post last night about our restful week but you have to scroll down to read it b/c my o/c perfectionistic self won't let me put it out of chronological order! ha ha

Anonymous said...

Cute cake, even if it does have a flat. Sounds like yall all had a fun spring break. I don't think I could eat those pancakes, but I bet the kids had fun with them. Great creation, Noah!

Lisa Smith said...

Hey--somehow I missed a couple of your posts. Is that your basement/craft room? I could totally get crafty in that!

Awesome job on the consignment stuff. Pretty amazing. We just donated tons of ours...Maybe I should have consigned it!

Also, I just went to a baby shower for Marie Mann (It's a girl!) and I took one of your cute stamped cards. (you grow girl and Congratulations on your swell news) Meredith Clingan's mom owns this tea room called Chocolate Angel and next door Lisa Owens owns a gift shop called Beaucoups. They may be interested in selling your cards! They really loved all the "girlfriendy" stuff. :) You could just mail my mom some cards and wholesale prices and she can take them to Marcia. How's that? I'll let my mom know what they're for.

Lisa Smith said...

Hi! How are you guys? It's summer here and I'm catching up on blogs. very fun. Oh, a Chick-fil-a just opened about a half mile from our house and with all the free coupons, I get to think about you all the time. As a matter of fact, I have determined that each time I drive through their drive thru (quite a lot) I will pray for you and your family. love you!