Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break Part 2








I had a few activities planned/prepared to keep the kids busy while I finished up tagging/taking and working the Consignment Sale. A few of the crafts I picked up at Michael's for cheap. They will come in hand for summer break too. Other things I found in magazines. One awesome activity was with the loops from back in our day of making pot holders. Well, they showed you how to make a jump rope. We are still working on it, but it is awesome. You can go to http://www.familyfun.com/ to find the instructions. Another activity was using marshmellows and toothpicks to make different formations. (very cheap project and the marshmellows for great snacks too). Along those same lines, was making formations with straws (also very cheap). And my kids favorite standby, playing with playdough. I had found some great recipes, but we still have so much of the store bought stuff I decided to save that for later. My aunt and uncle came in town from OK mid week. We made lots of trips to Target and just watched movies at home and at the new theatre down the street. The new theatre had a free day on the day before their grand opening. Everyone enjoyed seeing The Waterhorse. Then, the adult girls stayed and watched PS I love you. Also a great movie. On Friday, we met my aunt and uncle that live in CO at IHOP to celebrate Jonah's b-day and enjoy the Horton Hears a Who pancakes. They were yummy! Then my aunt and uncle from OK took Noah and Leah to see the movie Horton Hear a Who while the rest of us came home to clean, nap and finish getting things ready for Jonah's Firetruck party. I will post party pics and details in Spring Break Part 3.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Okay you know some blog stuff I don't! How did you get the pictures to be side by side or in Jonah's b-day post three in a row? I have been trying to figure that out for months. Teach me!!

Sounds like a fun Spring Break. How do you get everything done? If I would have had Consign. stuff to do that would taken up all my time. But you fit in movies and outings. What a great mom you are!

Did the kids like Horton Hears a Who?

Amy said...

You know it has to be easy if I did it. All I did was align it right and it did the rest. I had no control of how it did three in a row and two in a row. But I liked the look of how it turned out. But I am excited you are impressed. My kids did like Horton Hears a Who. Thanks for the encouragement, it isn't easy to get everthing done, but I am really trying to not get so absorbed in what I am doing that I ignore spending time with my kids.