Thursday, October 30, 2008

Amy's Sewing Adventures







I took a sewing class with my mom this fall. I agreed because I love setting my table for the holidays. My thought was I will cut the fabric and she can sew the fabric. However, she had other ideas. Horror of Horrors, she made me sew my own tablerunner. I have sewn one other time in my adult life when we first moved to CO. Me and two of my good friends decided to take a "make a quilt in a day" class. I love choosing the fabrics. That is my favorite part. And although I loved taking the class with my friends and learned a lot, I didn't feel like adding sewing/quilt making to my hobbies at this time. I have collected a few quilt books over the years and someday, desire to make quilts, I haven't figured out when that will be. However, back to the tablerunner class. I was a fun class, I enjoyed doing it, but when my mom asked me if I would like to make more for gifts, I politely declined. It took me nine hours and although I feel a huge sense of accomplishment and very domestic, I will just enjoy my beautiful tablerunner. However, during this domestic process I did discover a machine I love. The serger. I surged the 12 tableclothes we use for our MOPS tables. That machine is amazing. So if you have an needs for a serger, I am your gal. However, my mom must be around to help me thread the thing.

2 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Wonder under and an iron are my best domestic friends! I love your table runner!!

Heather said...

ha ha ha!!! That class was so hard for me :) I still use my "rag quilt" though!