Thursday, October 30, 2008

Next Generation of Sewers











My mom has been taking Leah to a sewing class the past few months. The following are a collection of pictures of Leah with her creations. My mom is "Queen of Sewing". She can do anything with a sewing machine. She took 4 years of homemaking in school and is extremely talented. I can sew, but choose not to. Why should I? I have a wonderful seamstress out my backdoor. Therefore, Leah will be the next generation of seamstresses. Kudos to the two wonderful sewers in my life. I love you both and am impressed with what you can do. I would appreciate it if you would continue to hem my pants and sew my buttons on and whatever else I need done. Thanks!! The first picture is Leah with the pillow case she made. The next is with the sling bag (she made another one for a friend's b-day) she made and the last two are her with the placemat she made (it is reversable). They are in the process of making doll clothes for Leah's American Doll Nikki. Leah is learning it isn't as quick and easy as it looks. I am thankful she has my mom to teach her.

No comments: