Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Monthly Highlights

Ok, lots have happened in the past month. I will give you the bullet points and maybe someday post pictures and more details.

* spent approximately 10 hours in conflict management for MOPS leadership (Looooong story, but please pray for me as being a coordinator is much HARDER than I thought)
*Through it all I learned I have a wonderful family and terrific friends who love and support me and an awesome God who does not leave me
* had first MOPS meeting with 38 moms and 51 kids. It was a terrific meeting and I am blessed with a wonderful team (leadership is also very rewarding, thank God)
* I leave for Dallas, TX next Thursday-Sunday for the MOPS convention (I will also hit Sam Moon, Ikea, Half Price Bookstore etc.)
* had a root canal on a dead tooth (it was the highlight of my week that week), the front tooth that began turning dark 10 years ago, is finally white again
*Last Friday, I put my faithful companion, Angel (blonde cocker spaniel) to rest. It was one of the most horrible things I have ever had to do. I miss her terribly. She was 15 years old. Chris got her for me 13 years ago a few months into our marriage. She has been my shadow ever since.

I am looking forward to a better October.

*not to just focus on the difficult, I know I am a very blessed woman with many things to be thankful for.

5 comments:

the peterson family said...

what a rough month. Hope October is better for you. Thanks for sharing your heart. Life is hills and valleys, hills and valleys. Praying for you. Have a fun trip!

Jenn said...

You know I am praying for you! I was so sorry to hear about Angel.

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Glad you blogged. :o)

Josh and Julie said...

Amy, I am so sorry about Angel. That is such a hard decision and I am praying for you. I know she was so special to you. I still miss Suzie, she has been gone for 11 months and she is missed.
I would love to see you next week. I'm calling Jenn-maybe we can hook up!

Lisa Smith said...

you know you are in my prayers!!! So sorry there have been hard days. Two things I wish I was closer to Dallas and I wish I was part of your mops group. :). I miss you. We should talk soon. <3

Lisa Smith said...

I would be honored for you to share my words. Well, they're not really mine just the words entrusted to me and I will pray that God will use them. I wish I could be there.

On another note, you need to call me. :)