Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Break Part 1 Consignment Sale





Colorado has Spring Break late compared to my friends back in Texas. Here, it is always the first week in April (always on poor Jonah's b-day). We didn't have anything huge planned, just a few projects and day trips. My aunt and uncle from OK were driving down and then at the end, we would celebrate Jonah's 3rd b-day. However, before I could officially relax and enjoy Spring Break, I had to price all my stuff for the MOPS Consignment Sale. I have never gotten rid of my baby stuff. But since we are now "medically done" I could see no reason to continue to hang onto everything baby. I really didn't wait until the last minute, but I ended up not finishing it all until the last minute. I priced over 600 items including maternity clothes, baby clothes (boy and girl), shoes, toys, and other misc. baby stuff. It took me all night (but once the kids were in bed it was sooo much easier). It was actually kind of fun remembering the kids wearing the clothes. I prayed for my kids and the blessings I have from them, prayed for those who had bought whatever item and prayed for those that would buy the items. My neighbor and best friend, Tori, also had some items to take, so she borrowed a trailer for us to haul it all. Thank goodness she did. It was the best feeling to get it all out of the garage (where it had been stored since Oct.) and then to clear it from my living room (where it had been for a week while I priced it all). This is the one big fundraiser our MOPS does. We really needed this to be a successful sale as next year with the opening of our new campus in Frederick, we will launch another MOPS program. I have agreed to be the coordinator. The Consignment Sale is HUGE with over 150 consigners. It takes loads of volunteers. MOPS receives 40% and the consigners receive 60%. Praise God, we made approximately $34,000. I look forward to seeing my personal total. I will keep you updated.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow - 600 items!! I can not wait to her how much you money you receive. Y'all raised a lot of money for MOPS!

I am excited to hear about your year as coordinator. You are going to do a great job. I hope we can get together when you are here in October. Praying for you as you plan.

Lisa Smith said...

Wow! You've been busy. I'm telling you if you lived in CS, I'd be super duper orgainized! I have slowly gotten rid of baby but still have an attic full that I'm not ready to tackle and three boxes of clothes that I know I will cry if I go through!

If you need any retreat ideas, ask. I have been to millions it seems and most have been fabulous!

I agree with Jenn, you will be the best mops coordinator ever. God is so faithful!

And, Jonah, 3? Where does the time go? You really should publish a birthday book. Really. or maybe just hire out your services. Are there birthday coordinators like wedding planners? You'd be great!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to buy up all your great kids clothes. Leah and Jonah would be perfect ages for hand-me-downs for my kiddos. We buy lots of clothes from the O'Dells. I think Hannah is the same age as Leah. Congratulations on your total! That is awesome!!